Three people have been killed, and a 14-year-old boy among 15 others shot and wounded in Chicago since 5 p.m. Friday.
- One person was killed and a 14-year-old boy was injured in a shootout in Pullman on the Far South Side on Friday night. A 14-year-old boy arrested two police officers around 7 p.m., telling them that he and his brother were shot dead in the 11100 block of South Doty Avenue, Chicago police said. Police followed the teenager about two blocks and found another person with gunshot wounds, police said. The person, a man whose age was not immediately known, was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he later died, police said. His name has not been released. The teenager was taken to Comer Children’s Hospital with a gunshot wound to his wrist, police said. It was registered in good condition.
- Hours later, a man was shot dead early Saturday morning at a red light in Old Irving Park in the northwest. The man, 35, was stopped at a red light around 3 a.m. in the 4700 block of West Irving Park Road when someone inside a black SUV opened fire, hitting him in the chest and right side, police said. He then collided with a car parked a block away, police said. He was taken to the Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said. His name has not yet been released.
- A 54-year-old woman was shot dead on a sidewalk in Austin on the West Side on Saturday afternoon. She was outside at around 4:45 p.m. in the 4800 block of West Gladys Avenue when someone shot her in the stomach, police said. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where she was later pronounced dead, police said. She has been identified as Melinda Crump by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- In non-fatal attacks, two people were shot dead as they left a restaurant on Friday night on the Near North Side. The man and woman were walking out of a restaurant around 9:30 p.m. in the 400 block of North Wabash Avenue when someone got out of a white Audi and fired shots, police said. The couple ran inside the restaurant for cover, police said. The man, 22, sustained several gunshot wounds to his body and was taken in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, police said. The 24-year-old woman was shot in the thigh and was taken to the same hospital in good condition.
- A passenger was shot and injured Saturday night during an attempted hijacking in North Austin, on the northwest side. At approximately 10:45 p.m., the passenger, a 22-year-old male, and the driver of the car were approached by two gunmen at a red light in the North Laramie Avenue block, police said. When the driver fled, one of the gunmen opened fire, hitting the passenger in the neck and shoulder, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai, where he was in fair condition, police said.
At least 11 other people have been injured in shootings in Chicago since Friday night.
Three people were killed and a 16-year-old boy was among 24 others with gunshot wounds in Chicago over the weekend.