Have a nice day, folks from Smithtown! It’s me again, Diane Witek, your host for Smithtown Daily. Here is everything that is happening in and around the city today.
Are you a local business owner or shopkeeper in Smithtown? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy all day. High: 79, low: 70.
Here are the best stories today in Smithtown:
- Smithtown community members hope to buy the Smithtown Theater located on 2 East Main Street to make sure it is not demolished. A GoFundMe created for the Smithtown Performing Arts Center received $ 9,435 in donations on Thursday September 16 to raise $ 400,000. (Daily voice)
- Suffolk: 16 fire departments responded to what has been described as a “still very active” fire. Fire services, including Smithtown, answered in Setauket Tuesday morning when a barn was burning with solar panels. The firefighters were not aware of any animals that may have been inside the structure. (News 12 Long Island)
- Smithtown restaurant specializing in Cuban cuisine offers customers a variety of dishes, including Cuban steak, filet mignon and Paella. Havana Cafe Also serves a number of cocktails, including different flavors of mojitos and margaritas. Some netizens shouted the restaurant’s passion fruit mojitos. (Daily voice)
- Blood collect Head towards Smithtown in partnership with the New York Blood Center, To Smithtown Landing Country Club, 495, avenue du Débarquement., Smithtown on Wednesday, September 22, in the River view room 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Special appointments, call 800-933-BLOOD or visit www.donate.nybc.org. (tbrnewsmedia.com)
Today’s Smithtown Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Smithtown:
- Smithtown Blood Drive – Smithtown Community Calendar. (9h00)
- Let’s Move-Songs and Stories (Smithtown Library-Smithtown Building). (2:30 p.m.)
- Managing gastrointestinal issues during the post-acute COVID-19 pandemic (Smithtown Library). (3:30 p.m.)
- Kindness Cards Volunteer (Smithtown Library-Smithtown Building). (7 p.m.)
- Sweetbriar Natural Center: “I must love these baby squirrels – they are all growing fast, most only drink formula 2-3 times a day now. Soon they will be put outside in our soft cages where they will spend the winter.” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Department of Public Safety: PSA time: Parents, are you aware of the TikTok challenge called ‘deviant licks’? Children damage and / or steal items in school and town toilets and publish videos showing them committing the illegal act. ” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Christian School: “That’s it, being an SCS knight!” Instead of going home after their big win at Greenport yesterday, the women’s volleyball team came out to cheer on our men’s soccer team in their game against the Porters! Come on Knights! ” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: “Today is World Gratitude Day and our hearts are filled with gratitude. Thanks to you, we are one step closer to our goal of purchasing and restoring the Smithtown Theater. So thank you from the bottom of our hearts. # WorldGratitudeDay. ” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: “Spookley The Square Pumpkin: The Musical opens this Saturday at the Smithtown Historical Society! Join Big Tom, Little Tom, Bobo and their friends for this classic story. Smithtownpac.org #smithtownpac #spac #smithtowntheater.” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Department of Public Safety: “Forensic Science Week. September 19-26. Forensic Science Week is a week that recognizes the important role that appropriate forensic science plays in investigating crimes across the country. ” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Christian School: “Last week in the secondary chapel, we were joined by two special guests from the Word of Life Bible Institute. We heard a powerful testimony from one of the leaders and heard about their unique program! (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- CHOCOLATE 101 with Ursula XVII (Sep 22)
- A Taste of Greece gastronomic event (September 25)
- Smithtown Municipal Services Facility paper shredding event. (September 25)
- Register for the creative arts workshops: children, teens and adults! (September 25)
- BSA Touch-a-Truck! (September 26)
- Registration for KPY basketball is open! (Sep 30)
- The art of buying and investing for your financial freedom (October 21)
- Add your event
You are officially in the loop for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Diane witek
About Me: Avid writer, web designer, social media marketer, and recently proclaimed Baker. Lovers of nature and animals of all kinds.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Smithtown Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]