LAKEVIEW – The Lakeview Roscoe Village Chamber of Commerce has released a calendar of holiday-themed activities that support local businesses.
From a neighborhood tree-lighting ceremony to ice-carving demonstrations, the series of events will provide neighbors with ways to immerse themselves in the holiday spirit while doing their homework. local purchases.
“The holidays are here again and our retailers and restaurants are eager to dive into their busy season and serve their customers,” said Carisa Marconet, Chamber Director of Events and Marketing. “With many upcoming holiday events, we hope guests choose to stay at Lakeview and Roscoe Village and spend their money locally to support our small businesses. “
The festivities will begin Sunday at 6 pm in front of St. Alphonsus Church, 1429 W. Wellington Ave., where the Lakeview Community Christmas tree will be lit. The event will also include live performances and a visit from Santa Claus.
From Nov. 27 to Dec. On February 26, neighbors can download a “Lakeview Vacation Passport” from the Eventzee app, which will reward people for their purchases at local businesses.
The Eventzee app is available on Google Play and the Apple Store. It will reward people with points for stopping at local businesses. Each business will have a unique QR code that can be scanned; Once at least five codes are scanned, users will be entered to win prizes filled with products from local businesses, according to the chamber.
Other end of year celebrations:
- Small Business Saturday, Nov. 27, when people are encouraged to do their holiday shopping at local businesses.
- Lakeview Menorah lighting ceremony at 5:30 p.m. on November 28 at the corner of Marshfield and Lincoln avenues.
- The Southport Holiday Stroll and Cocktail Crawl, 5 to 9 p.m. on December 3. Businesses along Southport Avenue from Belmont to Irving Park Road will stay open late, offering specials and festivities, like singers, photos with Santa Claus and other surprises. The Cocktail Crawl with Ticket includes two routes, which will provide participants with 10 sample vacation-themed cocktails while enjoying the Holiday Stroll.
- Roscoe Village Winterfest, December 4 and 5. This weekend celebration will include a window decorating competition as well as craft activities, a visit from Santa Claus and singers on Sunday.
- Ice sculpting demonstrations, which will take place sometime in December. Dates, times and locations will be announced shortly.
More information about Lakeview Roscoe’s Village House festivities can be found on her website.
Jake Wittich is a Report for America body member covering Lakeview, Lincoln Park and LGBTQ communities across town for Block Club Chicago.
Listen to “It’s All Right: A Podcast from Block Club Chicago” here: