Court Cafe, “foodminati” members Jermelle Henderson of Taco Mell and Calvin Johnson of Bleu Kitchen, has reopened its daily brunch restaurant Court Cafe, serving breakfast and lunch inspired by their upbringing in South LA. The Westchester restaurant had been closed for over a year, but are now ready to bring their lobster and waffles, seafood and oatmeal, and other Instagram-worthy dishes for the masses, hoping to eventually expand the place to many places. Court Cafe opened in July 2019 with long waits and passionate fans. Hours are now Tuesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In other news:
- ABC-7 News Reports LA County COVID-19 cases on the rise 165% over the past week, mainly due to the highly contagious delta variant, which is about half of the current number of cases. That brings the total number of new cases across the county to 839, far less than the thousands of new cases reported each week during the winter 2020-2021 outbreak. The health service recently recommended wearing masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status. As of July 8, about 60% of residents over 16 were fully immunized.
- Although Seattle chef Renee Erickson had to close her donut shop in Pacific Palisades after a short run, the James Beard Award-winning restaurateur is come to Eszett for one night on July 18th. [Resy]
- The chicken with two wings is back to their usual southern LA location (inside a church), service from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday to Sunday. There’s even a promo code for 10 percent off.
- Strand House in Manhattan Beach has a new chef and menu with a familiar name. Craig Hopson, who was most recently chef at The Farmhouse in LA but also worked at Circus and One Si By Land and Two Si By Sea in New York City, has put together a new California menu in the upscale restaurant overlooking the ocean, according to Patch. .
- Standing Butchery is making a pop-up burger at Domaine LA along Melrose Avenue on Sunday, July 11, pairing wines and burgers from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.